Removable Partial Dentures
The removable partial dentures consist of replacement teeth on the pink or gum-colored plastic bases. Depending on the needs, the dentist near Scottsdale will design a partial denture for you. It may have a metal framework and clasps which connect to your teeth or they can come with other connectors which are more natural looking.
Sometimes, a crown may be needed on your natural teeth to improve the fit of a removable partial denture. The partial dentures with precision attachments can cost you more than those with clasps.
What To Expect?
- In the beginning, new partial denture may feel awkward but it is normal and you will eventually feel accustomed to wearing it.
- You will need some practice for inserting and removing the dentures.
- Follow the instructions given by the dentist in 85258 as it should fit with relative ease. Never force the partial denture into position by biting down. It can break the clasps.
- Initially, you may need to wear the partial dentures all the time. It may be uncomfortable first but it will help in finding the areas for adjusting the denture.
- Partial dentures should help in improving the speech. You can practice reading out loud and repeat the words that give you trouble.
Caring for Your Dentures
- Your dentist will suggest a denture cleaner that is approved by the American dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
- When cleaning the partial dentures, it’s a good idea to stand on a folded towel or sink of water so that they don’t break if they fall.
- Avoid using toothpaste for cleaning.
- Brush the dentures after every meal for removing food deposits and plaque or they can become stained permanently.
- Use a special brush for cleaning the dentures and avoid using brush with hard bristles.
- Clean the dentures thoroughly by rinsing off loose food particles.
- Don’t chew, swallow, or gargle with denture cleansers.
Adjusting the dentures may be necessary as you age, but your mouth naturally changes which affect the fit of the denture. Poorly fitting dentures can cause several problems including infections and sores.
Partial dentures will enhance your smile.