Invisalign – A Virtually Invisible Way to Beautify your Smile!
Who doesn’t want a beautiful smile? However, not everyone is blessed with it. Did you know around 20% of people suffer from traumatic dental injuries at some point in their life? These people need corrections to make their teeth straight and properly aligned.
Invisalign is generated by computer-generated mold which your dentist will give you to realign your smile. Your new properly aligned teeth will give you a lifetime of smile.
Know more of Invisalign treatment process or etc. at Mercado Dental Care where dental experts will give you the smile you desire. They are the most skilled and experienced experts in your area and you will be completely satisfied with their service. Here are the things that you need to know.
Things to Know Before Getting Invisalign Treatment
Here are some of the things that you must know before getting your Invisalign.
- They should be worn for 22 hours a day daily. But you can remove them while eating and brushing.
- It is important to take them out while eating and to brush your teeth every time you eat.
- They are prone to stains especially while having drinks like coffee or wine. Thus, it is important to brush your teeth every time.
- In case of more complicated treatment, you will need additional attachments to keep aligners in place.
- Hot drinks can damage your aligners. So, you must stick to cold and clear water.
- To avoid staining in your teeth, it is important to brush your teeth regularly.
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
Following are the advantages of getting Invisalign:
- Invisalign is custom-made only for you for a better fit. The dentist takes X-rays and three-dimensional images of your teeth to make impressions of your teeth. With the help of these, he or she plans the movement of the teeth in a number of intermediate stages.
- Invisalign is made from clear plastic that is virtually invisible. So you will need not to feel embarrassed about your looks.
- With metal braces, you will have to visit your dental professional periodically to make adjustments. But Invisalign is given all at once to the patient that doesn’t require regular visits.
- Invisalign are comfortable to wear as they are made of plastic. However, metal braces have sharp edges that can bruise the skin inside the mouth.
- Invisalign can be removed brushing and flossing that maintains good oral hygiene of the mouth.
Straitening your teeth with Invisalign also has some disadvantages:
- The treatment time for Invisalign is more as compared to metal braces. Braces exert more pressure that moves the teeth more quickly in the desired direction. But the efficacy of Invisalign depends upon the patient’s compliance.
- Invisalign can treat only mild to moderate dental defects. However, metal braces can treat major orthodontic problems.
- Invisalign can be more expensive than normal metal braces.
- Invisalign is not suitable for teenagers as there will be no place for the new tooth to erupt. However, the braces are suitable for all groups.
After completing the procedure of your Invisalign treatment, you will require retainers to avoid your teeth from moving. The retainers are of two types – fixed retainers and removable retainers.
Fixed retainers are permanently fixed at the back of your teeth that prevent teeth from moving. The other option is removable retainers that come in a traditional wire form and custom made plastic retainers. You can choose the one you will comfortable with.
Remember, proper care and maintenance is important for retainers to keep them in workable condition. Wearing retainers is essential to maintain your newly aligned smile.
Here are a few other things you must take care of after the treatment:
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly. Use fluoride-based toothpaste if your teeth are cavity prone.
- Go for regular check-ups to your dentist during your active treatment as well as after the treatment. This will ensure good health of your teeth and gums.
- Avoid the intake of sweets and sugary drinks to prevent cavity formation.
- Eat vitamins, minerals, and lean protein-rich foods to maintain the good oral health of your teeth.
- Always wear a mouth guard to protect your teeth from injuries during sports activities.
Follow these things to keep your smile in a top-notch condition. If you have any further queries about the treatment, contact dental specialist nearby.